Granite has become a popular, beloved counter top option, in part because of its low-maintenance. However, there are some important rules to follow in order to keep your granite pristine for years to come:
- Our granite is treated with a 15-year, impregnating sealer to protect your surfaces against water, salts, and oil stains.
- Clean up spills and messes as soon as possible to avoid more extensive cleaning.
- For daily care, wipe the surface with a microfiber cloth (dry or water-dampened). For dust and non-contaminant cleaning, this is often all that is necessary. For contaminant spills, use a damp cloth and a stone cleaner formulated with a neutral pH.
- For oily stains or spills, use a mixture of baking soda and dish soap with water to create a yogurt-like consistency. Allow it to soak into the stain overnight, covered in plastic wrap, then rinse thoroughly.
- Never use acidic or harsh chemical cleaners, or anything abrasive, to clean your granite. They will damage the granite permanently.
With care and simple, regular maintenance, granite can last for years and maintain its beauty and luster.